If you’re looking to understand how to get ahead in a technical career field, this program is for you. We’ll talk about common promotion paths, ways you stand out from your peers, and signals and markers of success. We’ll discuss common roadblocks in this field - the things that trip others up - so you can watch out and avoid these pitfalls.
If you’re employed at a big tech company and looking to transition to a smaller, high-growth startup, we’ll also help you understand the nuances of that transition so you can make it smoothly. We’ll cover some of the cultural challenges you may face that are unique to these types of companies so you can navigate them deftly.
Finally, we’ll dig into the specific skills you’ll need throughout career transitions, including telling your story with confidence and conviction, building and leveraging a network, and preparing you for interview success. No matter how many times you’ve interviewed before, when you’re back on the market it’s always a bumpy start, so we’ll get you plenty of practice before you sit down with an employer.
Throughout the program we’ll connect you with industry expert speakers who have been in your shoes. You’ll meet employees at Shift’s hiring partners and engage with industry experts from both data and software development backgrounds at high-growth tech companies who will provide real-world insights and learn from their experience in the field. Get yourself to the front of the line of Shift’s Talent Spotlight, our method of featuring you as top talent to our network of hiring partners - and have a chance to engage with employees at these companies during the course.
- Sessions run from 60-90 minutes in the evening to accommodate your day-to-day work or military requirements.
- New 4-week cohorts launch monthly to best meet the needs of your job search timetable.
- Each week, engage directly with industry professionals currently employed in these roles.
- Dig-in and collaborate with peers in small teams.
- Connect with Shift alumni who have gone before you and others who are currently in a career transition.
- Build bonds and tap into one another’s networks to amplify the power of your career community.
- Be featured with our hiring partners through the Shift Talent Spotlight program during the most optimal period of your career transition. Get insider access to top partners who are hiring transitioning servicemembers and veterans.