We are a small team but a mighty one. We’re looking to hire the second person to the people/talent team who will report to the People Lead. Like we said: it's a small team. Which is why it is critical that the person joining us is obsessed with owning, building and delighting both our internal customers: hiring managers as well as external customers: candidates, through everything we do.
Location: Shift is headquartered in San Francisco, but our entire team is currently remote until the end of 2021. We are open to candidates based anywhere in the United States, but we have strong preferences for San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, and Austin, TX. Once it is safe to travel, there will be some travel required.
While we know why Shift exists, and how we want to approach what we do, what we do at Shift is developing and changing fast. You will join a team of innovators, builders and operators who are defining new products and services, working together to define the value proposition and bring them to market. We have ambitious goals for 2021 and no role plays a small part in this
We will be looking to you to work with our managers and People Lead to assist in sourcing of candidates, coordination of candidate flow, and candidate/manager support during the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process. We will rely on you to be a proactive over-communicator who ensures a fantastic experience for all with bringing and holding everyone to the same page at every step of the recruiting and hiring process.
What You'll Do
- Provide full life cycle, recruiting support for a wide range of roles from kick off to hire
- Use a combination of recruiting techniques to creatively evaluate, network, and source top tier and diverse talent
- Schedule and coordinate interviews and other recruiting and sourcing activities
- Act as advocate for both hiring managers and candidates throughout hiring process, establish regular touch points and diligently follow through for a high touch experience
- Track, maintain, and improve recruitment metrics using our ATS; provide recommendations wherever necessary for process and flow improvements
- Ensure a smooth transition for candidate to employee conversion
- Assist with additional people operations initiatives coordinations as needed
Qualified candidates should have/be:
- 1-3 years relevant work experience related to HR, recruitment, recruitment operations and/or customer service and event management
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and effective in navigating through ambiguity when necessary.
- ATS experience: Greenhouse preferred
- Ability to work closely with the team as well as independently; candidate and hiring manager-service oriented; highly organized; detail oriented; ability to multitask in a fast paced environment; ability to take initiative, maintain high standards of professional conduct and communication.
- Ability exercise good business judgment in ambiguous situations; adaptable to change; excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement; desire to grow professionally into progressive role a plus
- Always looking for ways to make things more efficient, automated, and better for employees and the company
- High degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential, and sometimes highly sensitive matters in the appropriate manner.
- Strong team player who can build relationships at all levels of the organization and leverage trusted relationships in enforcing recruitment and hiring practices.
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, California, Shift is a labor marketplace for current and former members of the U.S. Military to discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the United States. From active duty service members in the midst of their military career to veterans who have made the transition to civilian life, Shift’s community platform allows its members to engage in career development services that keep them competitive in the current and future economy. Shift’s talent acquisition services provide our corporate partners with a talent pipeline of diverse, non-traditional, experienced and prepared candidates. Shift is a veteran-founded small business backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Expa, and Structure Capital.
Perks + Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.